WHAT ARE COMMON ELBOW INJURIES WHICH REQUIRE AN ELBOW COMPRESSION SLEEVE?
An elbow compression sleeve is a supportive brace which can be worn to reduce pain and prevent an elbow injury. Elbow injuries are common in sports such as Tennis and Golf which overuse the elbow joint.
A common cause of elbow pain can also be early signs of arthritis. The most common elbow injury is the tendinitis, inflammation of the elbow tendons. It is often called Tennis elbow and Golfer's elbow. If you have pain on the inside of your elbow, you may have Golfer's elbow. If you have pain on the outside of your elbow, you may have Tennis elbow.
Bauerfeind's Sports Elbow brace is a compression sleeve which can provide protection against hyperextension and help in stabilising your elbow joint. The medical grade compression improves blood circulation to minimise tendinitis pain, something not found when using simple neoprene sleeves and braces.
RUGBY PLAYER TYSON FRIZELL WEARS BAUERFEIND COMPRESSION SLEEVES
Take a look at NRL player Tyson Frizell getting fitted in our compression gear by Dirk Schwager. Dirk is a certified Technical Sports Orthopedics and takes care of the Olympians at the Olympic Games.
Bauerfeind EpiTrain elbow brace, Sports Elbow Support and arm compression sleeves protects and enhances the stability and proprioception of the elbow joint. Bauerfeind compression sleeves also help to promote blood flow with the use of our 3D weaved medical grade compression.
BEST ELBOW COMPRESSION SLEEVES
EpiTrain Elbow Brace
A good brace for Tennis elbow or Golfer’s elbow includes the EpiTrain which delivers targeted relief for severe and chronic elbow pain. This added support will help stabilise your joint without limiting your ability to score a hole-in-one pain free.
- The EpiTrain elbow brace offers scientifically targeted support to relieve symptoms of tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
- The brace supports your elbow’s natural movement without impacting mobility.
- Two stabilising pads are built into the brace to provide a massaging effect to the inflamed area for pain relief.
EpiPoint Elbow Strap
An elbow strap to support and relieve tendon pain such as golf and tennis elbow.
The EpiPoint elbow strap has been engineered for targeted relief of the elbow tendon.
The support fastens around the forearm with an adjustable band that lets you set the level of compression. This encourages oxygen and nutrients within the lower arm for healing and pain relief.
- Elastic adjustable band allows dynamic pressure adjustment
- The red warning section indicates excessive pressure
- The same version for right and left
- Universal sizing
"Research says elbow bands and elbow braces should be used as the first treatment of choice as it shows the greatest improvement in tennis elbow. "
The Sports Elbow Support supports the movement of the elbow during sporting activities through gentle, comfortable compression. The elbow support surrounds the upper arm and forearm.
Maximise your performance and minimise your pain with scientifically targeted support of the Sports Elbow Support. Thanks to its knit technology and anatomically shaped functional elements, the Sports Elbow Support ensures stability in the elbow joint and optimal comfort.
- Withstand heavy loads for longer
- Safe and comfortable fit with every movement
- Prevents overloading and injuries
- Breathable, lightweight knit fabric for comfort
- Relieves pain caused by Tennis Elbow or Golfers Elbow
- Durable, toxic-free product
For protection against hyperextension during sports and better control of the arm's elasticity.
The Sports Elbow brace provides protection against hyperextension so you can serve and forehand with ease.
This dynamic elbow brace integrates a revolutionary Powerguard Technology and Boa closure system that can be set precisely to the millimetre and released with ease.
- Prevents elbow hyperextension while throwing
- Helps support and stabilise the joint
- Precise and easy to use closure system
- Natural motion remains intact, performance is not reduced
- Gradient compression engineering guarantees a comfortable fit
WHICH IS THE BEST ELBOW BRACE FOR TENNIS?
Check out this video where Orthopaedic surgeon Dr. Andrews specialising in Sports Medicine endorses Bauerfeind's Sports Elbow Brace for protection from hyperextension to allow you to serve and forehand with ease.
This dynamic elbow brace provides support for elite athletes, baseball, rugby, tennis and golf using Powerguard Technology and Boa closure system that can be set precisely to the millimetre and released with ease.
HOW TO TREAT AN ELBOW INJURY?
We recommend seeking treatment from a physiotherapist for treating an elbow injury. They may recommend one the following treatments.
- Strains or Sprains. Many sprains and strains can be treated with the RICE method: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation. A good physiotherapist can assist with the recovery however prevention is always better than cure.
- Tendinitis.This condition rarely requires surgery. It can generally be treated using a combination of anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen) and exercise. A corticosteroid injection may also be used.
- Stress Fractures. Consult a sports medicine doctor X-rays. Recommended treatments include rest, anti-inflammatory medication, stretching, and muscle strengthening exercise. Stress fractures take about six weeks to heal.