WHY SHOULD YOU WEAR A KNEE BRACE FOR ACL INJURY RELATED INSTABILITY?
One of the most common knee injuries occurs with the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), which can get torn or sprained from high-intensity physical activities such as Rugby, Football, Netball, Soccer, Surfing and Skiing.
Anything involving a sudden change in direction, incorrect jump landing or direct contact can cause an ACL injury. Symptoms of ACL injuries will vary depending on the severity of the sprain, which is classified into levels of mild (grade 1), partial tear (grade 2) and complete tear (grade 3).
Bauerfeind’s high-quality knee supports and braces use medical-grade compression to target the symptoms and instabilities associated with ACL injuries for all levels of tears.
PROFESSIONAL SURFERS WEAR THE SECUTEC GENU FOR ACL INSTABILITY
Check out the Bauerfeind knee brace SecuTec Genu which is designed to treat ACL injuries on a professional surfer. Competitive surfing and skiing have one of the highest risk of knee injuries as it involves dynamic manoeuvres and unpredictable falls and landing.
We have appropriate braces dedicated to minimise the pain and swelling to help complement and facilitate the recovery processes. The gentle fabric is comfortable and flexible, allowing you to perform everyday activities without any restrictions to movement.
BEST KNEE BRACES FOR ACL INJURIES
A functional orthosis for the external stabilisation of the knee joint.
A torn ligament, collateral ligament injury or operation on the meniscus can mean that the knee joint needs to be stabilised externally for a period of time. The SecuTec Genu hinged knee brace is a lightweight but sturdy knee orthosis, designed to fit the anatomy of the leg.
The knee brace is easy to put on and take off, fits perfectly and is very comfortable to wear.
The SecuTec Genu is ideal for instabilities after rupturing the anterior and/or posterior cruciate ligament, after ligament surgery/syndesmoplasty, complex traumatic or degenerative instabilities, to restrict the range of movement of the knee (for example, after collateral ligament injuries, meniscal suturing or meniscal implantation).
GenuTrain S Hinged Knee Brace
An active knee brace designed especially for active seniors who need support of complex, chronic arthritic knee pain.
The hinged knee brace was engineered using Bauerfeind’s gradient compression, lateral joint splints and a viscoelastic pad to provide active protection of the knee.
- Three-dimensional fabric – Automatically conforms to the body’s natural shape for ideal fit and optimal joint stabilisation.
- Adjustable straps – Lets you control the amount of pressure for a better fit and right amount of support
- Joint side bars – Straps connect directly to side bars for superior stability in the knee and surrounding area.
- Viscoelastic pads – Provides a massage effect during movement.
- Reduced pressure at the edges – Prevents constriction.
GenuTrain Knee Brace
An award-winning knee brace that provides targeted support for pain relief and stabilisation of the knee.
If your knee is weak, swollen, painful or recovering from an injury, the Bauerfeind GenuTrain knee brace will help provide you with relief and stability.
- Integrated donning aid allows you to easily put on the knee brace
- Soft hollow of the knee for enhanced wearing comfort
- Three-dimensional active knit for an ideal fit and optimal neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Omega pad improves neuromuscular joint stabilization
- Meniscus wings to help relieve meniscus pain
- Fits either leg the same version can be used for right and left
- Moisture wicking fabric for all day comfort
GenuTrain P3 Knee brace
An advanced knee brace for pain and misalignment of the kneecap, often caused by injury related to sports
The GenuTrain P3 is ideal for pain caused by misalignment of the kneecap (patellar lateralisation), femoropatellar pain syndrome (anterior knee pain), ACL and MCL injury or pain associated with patellar tip syndrome. Unique 3D weave is breathable, moisture wicking and provides all day comfort.
- Corrective guide – Stops your kneecap from drifting outward to relieve discomfort and help healing without loss of mobility.
- Patella cover – Counteracts the tilting of the patella.
- Pad wing – Proximal extension as far as the vastus medialis muscle, and improved proprioception.
- Wedge-shaped Hoffa soft pads – Two pressure points on the pad relieve strain on the area below the knee, which can frequently cause pain.
HOW DO YOU HELP WITH ACL INSTABILITY?
Complete strengthening exercises such as squats and lunges. It is important to also strengthen surrounding muscles such as your quads and hamstrings to prevent injury to the ACL and knee ligaments.
HOW TO TREAT KNEE PAIN CAUSED BY ACL INJURIES?
Physical therapy. Strengthening exercises prescribed from your physiotherapist or exercise physiologist help to build muscles around the knee, easing the load on the joints and reducing pain.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications and analgesic may be helpful for pain management.
Support and brace. A Bauerfeind brace offers enhanced stability, proprioception and medical-grade compression, which targets specific joints and relieves pain.