WHAT IS THE CAUSE AND HOW CAN I TREAT SHOULDER INSTABILITY?
Due to the mobile nature and repetitive loading undertaken by the shoulder joint, the muscles that support the joint can be overworked and weakened over time.
This leads to shoulder instability due to the rotator cuff (shoulder muscles) being unable to adequately hold the shoulder joint within it’s socket.
This is common in people who have previously had a shoulder dislocation, young athletes or double-jointed individuals. Having an unstable shoulder joint could increase risks of injury, thus it is important to ensure it is well supported.
A good shoulder support for instability is the OmoTrain. This added support will allow you to continue with doing everyday activities such as reaching for objects with minimal pain and restrictions.
REAL MADRID'S CAPTAIN WEARS THE OMOTRAIN TO TREAT SHOULDER DISLOCATION
Take a look at Real Madrid's captain Sergio Ramos wearing the Omotrain. This professional football player used the Omotrain to bounce back from his shoulder dislocation injury when playing against Los Blancos'.
Bauerfeind’s high-quality braces and supports are designed with medical-grade compression to help keep the shoulder joint stabilised and secure to prevent risks of injury. The soft knit delivers the ultimate comfort and has supports embedded to provide an intermittent massage effect for improved enhanced blood circulation.
View this post on Instagram
@officialsydneykings gearing up with our performance line at our flagship store in Sydney🏀. Semi-finals in Sydney, March 3rd at Qudos Bank Arena. Sydney Kings vs Melbourne UTD. Good luck boys 🙌. . . . . . . #sports #football #training #bauerfeindaustralia #fitness #supports #braces #shoulder #pain #australia #sydney #retail #bauerfeind #comfort #workout #wrist #knee #brace #shop #insoles #compressions #germanmade #german #design #gym #sportswear #basketball #nba
BEST BRACE FOR SHOULDER INSTABILITY
A shoulder brace for the relief of injured or strained shoulders. Provides stability for the shoulder joint.
- Soft knit fabric – Breathable knit is comfortable to wear, gentle on your skin and keeps moisture away from the body. It is machine washable in the gentle cycle.
- Viscoelastic soft pad – Massaging nubs reduce swelling and relieve pain in the soft tissue.
- High elasticity – Makes it easy to put the shoulder support on and take it off.
- Strap system – Secures the brace to your body and centres the shoulder for stability and pain relief.
- Pressure-reduced edges – Less compression at the edges for an optimal and comfortable fit that improves circulation.
- The special chest-free wearing system – leaves the chest area free and does not restrict breathing for excellent wearing comfort.
WHAT EXERCISES CAN HELP PREVENT SHOULDER INSTABILITY?
Exercises targeting the shoulder muscles and rotator cuffs are important to prevent shoulder instability. Shoulder press, deltoid lifts and shoulder rotations are examples of exercises that strengthen your shoulder muscles.
Wearing the Omotrain during exercises will allow the shoulder brace to guide and centre the arm in the socket so the shoulder maintains proper natural movement, without impacting your mobility. Strapping runs across back and hips, so it won't impinge upon the chest area when exercising.
HOW TO MANAGE SHOULDER INSTABILITIES?
- Physical therapy. Your physiotherapist may prescribe you with specific stretching and strengthening exercises for your rotator cuff muscles
- Take time to rest your shoulders from any activities that may stress your joint
- Ensure adequate warm up and cool down prior to exercise
- Any severe or persistent pain that is related to shoulder instability should be investigated by your doctor or physiotherapist
Play it safe: Consult a doctor if you experience unusually intense or persistent shoulder pain.